RSLWA is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from fully financial Service Members who are highly motivated with demonstrable commitment to Veteran’s issues. The candidate will ideally possess previous Board and/or business experience that includes knowledge and skills in governance. The successful applicant will commence their term from May 2022, as decided by the Board of Directors and fill the vacancy until State Congress 2023.
RSLWA are leaders in the care of the veteran community through their pursuance of dynamic Welfare and Advocacy programs to the benefit of its members. These programs form the core responsibilities of our activities.
All Board Members are expected to have:
- an understanding of and commitment to develop a focus on needed outcomes:
- skills and ability to contribute to RSLWAs strategic direction;
- ability to contribute to the organisations growth and viability;
- highly developed communications skills; and,
- sound analytical ability and experience of good practice relating to Governance.
Candidates may provide brief examples of the above in their submission.
- attending and making significant contributions to monthly Board meetings (minimum eight times per year) and other key Board activities;
- participating in Board member education opportunities and governance development;
- providing expertise in the Board’s decision making enabling needed outcomes to be achieved; and,
- ensuring that decisions reflect and enhance the organisation’s Strategic Plan, governance practices, financial position and legal obligations.
Applications should include a brief letter outlining the skills and experience that the candidate brings to the Board. Applications should be typed and no more than 400 words.
Applications should be sent to the Chairman, RSLWA Nominations Committee,